Our privacy promise:
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Everyone has rights with regard to the way in which their personal information is handled. During the course of our activities we will collect, store and process personal information about our customers, suppliers and other third parties, and we recognise that the correct and lawful treatment of this data will maintain confidence in the organisation and will provide for successful business operations.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
Data Protection Principles
When processing your information, we must comply with the six enforceable principles of good practice. These provide that your personal information must be:
– processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner,
– processed for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes,
– adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary,
– accurate and kept up-to-date,
– kept for no longer than is necessary, and
– processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security
How we collect your personal information
We may obtain personal information by directly interacting with you, such as:
– entering into an agreement with us for products or services,
– subscribing to our services or publications, or otherwise requesting marketing material to be sent to you, or
– corresponding with us by phone, email, letters or otherwise.
We may obtain personal information via automated technology when you interact with our website by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies.
The legal basis for our use of your personal information
We will only use your personal information when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
– you have given us consent,
– we need to perform a contract we are about to enter into, or have entered into, with you,
– where it is necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests, and your interests and rights do not override those interests, or
– where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We will only use your personal information for the purpose(s) for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
You have various legal rights in relation to the information you give us, or which we collect about you, as follows:
– You have a right to access the information we hold about you, together with various information about why and how we are using your information, to whom we may have disclosed that information, from where we originally obtained the information and for how long we will use your information.
– You have the right to ask us to rectify any information we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
– You have the right to ask us to erase the information we hold about you (the ‘right to be forgotten’). Please note that this right can only be exercised in certain circumstances and, if you ask us to erase your information and we are unable to do so, we will explain why not.
– You have the right to ask us to stop using your information where: (i) the information we hold about you is inaccurate; (ii) we are unlawfully using your information; (iii) we no longer need to use the information; or (iv) we do not have a legitimate reason to use the information. Please note that we may continue to store your information, or use your information for the purpose of legal proceedings or for protecting the rights of any other person.
– You have the right to ask us to transmit the information we hold about you to another person or company in a structured, commonly-used and machine-readable format. Please note that this right can only be exercised in certain circumstances and, if you ask us to transmit your information and we are unable to do so, we will explain why not.
– Where we use/store your information because it is necessary for our legitimate business interests, you have the right to object to us using/storing your information. We will stop using/storing your information unless we can demonstrate why we believe we have a legitimate business interest which overrides your interests, rights and freedoms.
– Where we use/store your data because you have given us your specific, informed and unambiguous consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
– You have the right to object to us using/storing your information for direct marketing purposes.
If you wish to exercise any of your legal rights, please contact our Privacy Office by writing to the address at the top of this policy, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally, it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Any changes we make to our policy in the future will be posted on our website.